8.06.2012

8.08.12 Releases

It’s a pretty big week for me, which feels like fun. It’s close, but I’m most excited to check out The Massive #3 (Dark Horse) from Brian Wood and Kristian Donaldson. Running that close second is Wasteland #39 (Oni Press) by master world-builder Antony Johnston, which is another interlude issue, this time taking place only 10 years after The Big Wet, so I’m hoping we get some meaty clues to chew on. Brian Wood also has Conan The Barbarian #7 (Dark Horse) hitting the shelves. I also plan on picking up Punk Rock Jesus #2 (DC/Vertigo) from Sean Murphy. I was a little disappointed that it wasn’t in color, but the pencils are still great, as is the irreverent nature of the story. I really don’t care about Godzilla all that much, but I loves me some James Stokoe, so I plan on picking up Godzilla: Half Century War #1 (IDW) from this writer/artist. Those are the sure buys, and I plan on giving mildly interested flips to It Girl & The Atomics #1(Image) and Archer & Armstrong #1 (Valiant). As for the former, I’ve never really warmed to Mike Allred’s work (blasphemy!); as for the latter, all of the new Valiant books have been very underwhelming as far as I’m concerned, although it seems like I’m in the minority on this assessment. Lastly, I’ll give half-hearted flips to Batman #12 (DC) because of the Becky Cloonan art, Batgirl #12 (DC) because of the appearance of Batwoman, and Before Watchmen: Ozymandias #2 (DC) mainly to admire the Jae Lee art, but won't buy any of them! What looks good to you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home